The data we collect using cookies helps us understand our users better so that we can provide a more focused user experience. Using the knowledge of your previous visits to UBC Worldwide website, Learning Dynamics can enhance subsequent visits by tailoring our content to match the user’s requirements.
This is a list of the main types of cookies we use, and what we use them for. They are described using the categories recommended by the International Chamber of Commerce in the ICC UK Cookie Guide.
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided. Because these cookies are strictly necessary we do not need to ask for your consent to use them.
2. Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. Some of these are analytics cookies, set using third party web analytics software, which allow us to understand more about how our website is used. For example, like many companies we use Google Analytics to help monitor our website traffic. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and is therefore anonymous and does not affect your privacy. It is only used to improve how a website works. We might also use these cookies to highlight Learning Dynamics products or services which we think will be of interest to you based on your use of our websites.
By using UBC Worldwide and affiliated Learning Dynamics websites you agree we may place these types of cookies on your device.
3. Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, these cookies can be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
By using Learning Dynamics’s website you agree we may place these types of cookies on your device.
4. Targeting or advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Our website does not use targeting cookies. We will ask for your consent before we use targeting cookies.
Learning Dynamics’s cookies typically contain:
• A unique name set by the site that generated it
• A value – the information within it that recalls your previous activities
• An expiration date, which determines how long the cookie will remain active in your browser before being automatically deleted.
3rd Party Cookies and Social Networks
If you click on a hyperlink from Learning Dynamics’s websites to any third party websites (e.g. if you ‘share’ content from Learning Dynamics’s websites with friends or colleagues through social networks), you may be sent cookies from these third party websites. Third party websites will have their own privacy and cookie policies which Learning Dynamics cannot control. Please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.